[pbmserv] Broadcast from dshort via PBM Server

Did everyone see this broadcast I made the other day?
Please let all of your Scramble opponents know about this event
and tell them to contact me at the address below if they want to sign up for
it.
So far I have received entries from blafleur, peppermint, estelle, sydney,
jadzia, markball and hasie. WHO ELSE wants to play in this tournament?
CONTACT ME!

>Announcing a BRAND NEW    SCRAMBLE tournament from DSHORT!
>
>Many people have asked me if it would be possible to set up a double
>elimination style tournament for many of the games I have organized
>tournaments for on
>Richard's PBM server. In actuality this is very difficult. However, I think
>I have come up
>with a format which will come close to approximating that. I have come up
>with a format which will allow players to win their way back into the
>tournament
>following a loss in one or more of the first three rounds of the
>tournament.
>
>Here is how it works. The tournament is open to the first 22 players who
>sign up.
>Once the field is complete, the players will be seeded 1 to 22 according to
>their current PBM Scramble ratings, seeding established players over
>provisionally
>rated ones and seeding all unrated players at random at the bottom of the
>field.
>
>The first round pairings will then be: 1 vs. 22,  2 vs. 21,  3 vs. 20,  4
>vs. 19,  5 vs. 18,
>6 vs. 17,  7 vs. 16,  8 vs. 15,  9 vs. 14,  10 vs. 13,  and 11 vs. 12
>
>The 11 first round winners automatically advance to Round 2.
>However, all first round losers EXCEPT for the player who LOST their game
>with the LEAST amount of point (NOT MARGIN OF DEFEAT BUT FEWEST OVERALL
>POINTS)
>in their loss of all eleven first round losers will advance to a "Round
>1.5"
>and have a chance to win their way back into the tournament. The player
>from Round 1
>who lost their game with the least amount of points is dropped from the
>tournament.
>The remaining 10 players will then be re-seeded 1 to 10 according to their
>first round seeds. That is, the highest seed from round 1 to qualify for
>Round 1.5 is
>the new seed # 1, the second highest seed is the new seed # 2, and so on.
>The pairings for Round 1.5 are:
>
>1 vs. 10,  2 vs. 9,  3 vs. 8,  4 vs. 7, and  5 vs. 6
>
>Obviously, the first round winners must wait until the completion of Round
>1.5 before Round 2 can begin.
>
>Before Round 2, the entire field will be re-seeded according to all
>surviving players
>most recent and up to date scramble ratings, once again seeding established
>players over provisionally rated players, with the exception that first the
>first
>round winners
>will be seeded 1 to 11 and then the Round 1.5 winners will be seeded 12 to
>16.
>
>The round 2 pairings will then be:
>
>1 vs. 16,  2 vs. 15,  3 vs. 14,  4  vs. 13,   5 vs. 12,  6 vs. 11,  7 vs.
>10,  and 8 vs. 9
>

>After round 2, the eight winners automatically advance to Round 3.
> [...]

All the action. All the drama. Get NCAA hoops coverage at MSN Sports by
ESPN. http://msn.espn.go.com/index.html?partnersite=espn