[pbmserv] Play the Improved Stymie

First a reminder to all that I am always accepting challenges in Stymie and ConHex.

Stymie challenge Barticus <you>
Stymie challenge <you> Barticus
ConHex challenge Barticus <you>
ConHex challenge <you> Barticus

If you have tried Stymie in the past and thought the board was hard to read, take another look. Paul van Wamelen (fritzd) has enhanced the ASCII board, and added a web interface. Paul has also added the swap rule. There are a couple of niggling changes I still want, but the game is basically done.

I will have a Stymie tournament here starting later this year. I don't have a date yet, but figure about October. Now would be a good time to get in some practice games. I am working with a plastic cutting place to produce a small run of Stymie sets. The winner of the tournament will get a genuine Stymie set. When Stymie becomes world famous (as it inevitably will), this rare First Edition Stymie set will be a collectors's item.

In appreciation for the work that Paul has done enhancing Stymie and producing the web interface, and in appreciation for Cameron Brown inspiring the invention of this game and doing the initial implementation, I have made a donation of $150 to Gamerz.net. Oh Richard, the PayPal link at http://www.gamerz.net/pbmserv/ is still seriously broken. That format hasn't worked since 2002. This link does what you want: https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rrognlie%40gamerz.net&item_name=Suppo rt%20PBeM%20Server I also see three broken graphics on that page.

--
RB |\  Randall Bart
aa |/  admin@RandallBart.com  Home: 1-212-965-1786  Barticus@att.net