Re: [pbmserv] Broadcast from kiwibill via PBM Server

'Twas 08:57 PM -0500 on Thursday 11/18/2004 when pbmserv@gamerz.net wrote:
BEAT IT OR EAT IT

I suggest the following variation. For simplicity, I will abandon suits, and use simple numbers one thru n. To beat the card in play you need to cover it with a card higher, but by no more than m. Furthermore, it wraps around, so every card is beaten by exactly m cards. The values of n and m are arbitrarily selected when the game starts.

Say the size of the deck is 12 and the covering number is 3. Cards are randomly dealt to start the game:

Me:   1  5  7 10 11 12
You:  2  3  4  6  8  9

I start with 1. You can cover with 2, 3, or 4. You play 3, I play 5, you play 8, I play 11, you play 2 (11 is beaten by 12, 1, or 2), I eat it.

I am sure there are values for n and m where this game is intriguing. No, I don't want to play. I hate games like this.

--
RB |\  Randall Bart
aa |/  admin@RandallBart.com  Home: 1-212-965-1786  Barticus@att.net