Re: [pbmserv] Five in a row.... with a twist

David, you mention opening protocols and other things.  But don't these
sometimes have to come after the new game has been played for awhile?  What I
mean to say, how do the game inventors know that a swap rule needs to be
enforced?  Or any of the other rules you mention.  The new game needs to be out
there and played for a long time before we learn that it requires such things.
Look at Trax for example, we learned that the 64 by 64 board was too easy(?)
and now the standard board is unlimited in size.  I think Havanna was changed
also after a while of being played.  (IIRC)