[pbmserv] Broadcast from jolat via PBM Server

Hello,

About openings for Backgammon :

In the opening, I thought that with dices 2-1, it was advisable to play 12-14 and 1-2.
I have just bought Bill Robertie's book " 501 Essential Backgammon Problems " and
I am surprised seeing that he proposes: 12-14 and 19-20.
19-20 seems to me very risky. Of what do you think of it?

|                       |   |                       |
|12  11  10   9   8   7 |   | 6   5   4   3   2   1 | .-----. .-----.
| O               X     |   | X                   O | |o    | |     |
| O               X     |   | X                   O | |     | |  o  |
| O               X     |   | X                     | |    o| |     |
| O                     |   | X                     | '-----' '-----'
|                       |BAR|                       |
| X               O     |   | O                     |
| X               O     |   | O                   X |
| X   o           O     |   | O   o               X |
|13  14  15  16  17  18 |   |19  20  21  22  23  24 |

jolat