Re: [pbmserv] Broadcast from jolat via PBM Server

On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 12:48:34PM +0200, oncljpa wrote:
> In the opening, I thought that with dices 2-1, it was advisable to play
> 12-14 and 1-2.
> I have just bought Bill Robertie's book " 501 Essential Backgammon
> Problems " and
> I am surprised seeing that he proposes: 12-14 and 19-20.
> 19-20 seems to me very risky. Of what do you think of it?

I have read his book as well (and some others he wrote) and it seems that
the way he thinks is that it is worth taking some chances in the first
move as it only can result in two things :

- They succeed = you are ahead of your opponent and everything is fine
- They fail = you are behind your opponent but have the rest of the game
  to get back on track

/juman