Re: [pbmserv] General questions about ratings

Richard Rognlie wrote:

While provisional, all bets are off. There are times you can win a game
and yet lose points (to prevent someone from artificially getting a high rating by one fluke win against a strong opponent, and then a string of
wins against very weak ones)

So I have noticed after my first Scramble game, after whch my established opponent received a rating of 1757, and I received a provisional rating of 2181! I guess that means I NEED MORE PEOPLE TO CHALLENGE ME (labradors) AT SCRAMBLE! LOL!