Re: [pbmserv] idea for new feature: auto re-challenge

->I am finding that I repeat games with people I have just completed a
->game against.  It occurs to me that one could modify the GREEDY toggle
->from backgammon so that a player could toggle the RECHALLENGE and at the
->end of the game if both players have toggled it on, then a new game
->challenge is automatically issued.

Seems a lot of work for a small thing.

If changes are to be made to the protocol, there's something else
I'd like to see that would be a REAL time-saver.

And that is a "conditional-next-move" feature.  Very often, one's
opponent's next move is fairly obvious, often almost forced.  It would be
nice to have a feature whereby one could say, along with one's move -
"And if opponent replies `abc' then I will play `def' ."

OC if the opponent replied something else, things would carry on as before
and the conditional move would not be announced.  But if the opponent
made the expected move `abc', then the computer would automatically play
one's reply, `def', and ask the opponent for his next move, almost immediately.

This could be a really big time-saver.

I realize it would take a lot more programming than the other suggestion,
so it may not be feasible at the moment.

-- kiwibill