Re: [pbmserv] Re: how about this for a crazy idea for gamerz.net

--- On Mon, 9/8/08, Bill Taylor <W.Taylor@math.canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:

> We don't really need a guessing program; but a facility
> whereby
> we can make conditional moves in advance, like...
>
> pe4; if pe5 then nf3

You're a genius for suggesting this, and a saint for programming it. I've thought it through. The command will be called "guessmove". There will need to be an abbreviation for me, so also make "gmove". You don't need any ifs or thens in the command line. Separate each guessed move by a semicolon or period or some symbol that doesn't otherwise get used but is easy to type. Then a player just needs to alternate their moves with what they think their opponent will do.

pe4;pe5;nf3

Eric
swift