[pbmserv] Helping a newcomer

It has been SO long since I joined this server that I have forgotten a few things that I now take for granted. In addition, I don't know if some of these things have changed since my joining.

In particular, a friend who just joined has asked me about letting other players know that he is open for Scramble games. Of course, I know about the "broadcast" command, but also know that the preferable method is to use the users' mailing list.

What I cannot remember, however, is whether one automatically becomes a member of this mailing list upon signing up with the server, or whether it is necessary to send a specific "subscribe" command (perhaps through eSquire). I have searched, and have found some information about using eSquire, but I also encountered an old message that said:

" pbmserv-users@gamerz.net

May be used to request challenges on the server. You automatically
subscribe to this mailing list when you sign on to the server."

Thus, I am not certain whether my newcomer friend has automatically been added to pbmserv-users@gamerz.net, or not. I even told him I'd be sending this message, and that he may receive it, if he is already subscribed.

Please let me know how subscription to this list currently works, so I may give him the correct information.

Thanks!