[PyrNet-L] Why ask why?

Hi Cathryn, I posted that "fictional" story on the list in hopes that anyone
who is thinking of breeding a litter would put some serious thought to the
idea before a litter of unwanted, uncared for puppies are bred. I am a
strong believer that anyone who breeds and places a puppy should and must be
responsible for that pup it's entire life. Obviously the "fictional"I
breeder of the "fictional" bitch in question did not screen and place the
pup in a loving and nurturing enviroment and did not assume responsability
for that animal after it left their home. Yes it was "fictional" but lets
face it this is a scene that is played out in real life time and time again.
Maybe you the reader of Read and Weep are a caring and educated person but
if you sell a puppy that has not already been nuetered or spayed to a
seemingly caring and educated person you as an ethical breeder loose control
of all future generations. As such this scenario could happen to your
granddogs without your knowledge. I recieved the story from one of the top
Great Pyrenees breeders in the country. She felt it worth while to send it
to me and I found it worth sending to the list. It was signed annonymous so
I have no idea who the origional author was or why it was written. You can
interpret it any way you like.
Sincerly, Adrianne Hughes
Devoir Great Pyrenees
Harpers Ferry, WV