Re: [PyrNet-L] Why ask why?

<<
 The majority of animals in shelters today are not dogs. The majority of the
 dogs are mixed breeds.  >>

I don't feel it is "right" to say that a mixed breed is not a dog.  All
animals deserve life including mixed breeds which are a result of human error,
failure, irresponsible owners etc.

I have a mixed breed and a Great Pyrenees - both rescue dogs.  The pyr is
probably from a puppy mill - there is no way for me to be sure nor does it
matter to me.   Both dogs are equally valuable to me and the possibility that
one is a "dog" does not make her any more lovable or a better pet.  I totally
agree with responsible breeding, neutering and spaying, but since this isn't a
perfect world it doesn't always work that way.  BTW both are females and both
were spayed at an early age.

Thanks for letting me vent

Linda, Brandy and Jet