Re: [PyrNet-L] Re:Why ask why

I have read as this thread has taken on a life of it's own, and figured
now's as good a time as any to add my 2 cents worth......

I see nothing wrong with Adrienne posting the poem.  She let us know
ahead of time that it may be objectionable, and she left it to us to
draw our own conclusions.  She didn't editiorize it for us, she assumed
that we were intellegent human beings that had our own facilities to
read and determine what we felt about it.

I think that Catheryn feels strongly about her views, and I feel that
one of the reasons that some of us (well, me anyway) were upset with her
is that she assumed that we couldn't seperate an emontional plea (for an
AR agenda) with a commentary on current life.    If certain points were
made softly instead of hitting people over the heads, then maybe the
voice of reason would be to read, and learn.   After all, we are all dog
lovers on this list, it is after all a pyr list to discuss the welfare
and future of our animals.

I guess what I am saying is that points were made for both the argument
to post the poem, and not to post.  I think that anytime you say you
can't or shouldn't post something, it endangers all of us by assuming
that we can't decide for ourselves, and can be easily taken in by
someone or some organization with a whole other agenda.  Please give us
all credit for more than that.

Well, off my soapbox, hope I haven't added to the fray, but what the

Joan