[PyrNet-L] Re:Why ask why

To whom it may concern, I had no hidden agenda when I posted Read and Weep!
I did not find it to be sensationalism as this kind of abuse is FACT. We
might like to believe that no dog any where in the world is purchased for
the sole purpose of producing offspring heat cycle after heat cycle with
little or no health care, with little or no food, with little or no human
touch except that of a hard hand. However it DOES happen all over the world.
Yes, I agree that we should not anthromarphize our dogs. They are not human
and as such we shouldn't put human qualities to our dogs such as a voice. I
genuenly believe if they could speak they would ask the same questions that
the "fictional" dog was asking in Read and Weep if they were in an abusive
life. I didn't post it to scare you as Catheryn suggested. I posted it
because I personally have rescued Pyrs from these very same conditions. I
have spent years with these Pyrs just trying to get them to stay in the same
room with a man. (obviously they were beating by a man) These same Pyrs were
infested with internal parasites and severly under weight. These were the
lucky ones, they found a caring and gentle place to live the remainder of
their lives. Several arn't so lucky. They DO end up in that clean room with
that shiny table with that loving pat as they are euthanized. Call it
tabloid journalism if you like. You are entitled to your opinion and I to
mine but I don't believe that by simply reprinting a story that I recieved
from a very proffesional "famous" Pyrenees person that I was shoving
anything down anyone's throat. I even began my posting with the statement; I
will warn you it paints a very sad scenario. Scenario means this could of
happened. I began my posting with that statement so those of you who didn't
want to read something that might cause you sadness wouldn't read it. I love
a good debate so keep those opinions comming.
Adrianne Hughes
Devoir Great Pyrenees
Harpers Ferry, WV