Re: [PyrNet-L] Wash Day

(1)Brush Titus thoroughly down to the skin.  If you bathe before you brush,
you may wind up with mats that will be more difficult to remove when wet.
(2)On a sunny day (the earlier the better, so he has time to dry more)
secure him to a fence (or kennel run, or whatever so he can't leave) hose
him down until wet, shampoo and lather well.  If he's very dirty he may
need two shampooings.
(3) Rinse, rinse and rinse again.  Shampoo not removed will cause itching
and hot spots.  You can tell when he's rinsed thoroughly as the hear will
be squeaky clean.
(4) Let him shake off excess moisture, but don't let him roll in the dirt
<g>
(5) Comb him thoroughly while still wet, and he will dry beautifully.  If
you want to be real fancy, you may blow dry and brush at the same time.
(6) Brush again when he is thoroughly dry.
I like to do the above in two -day stages:  the first 5 in one day and #6
the next day.  Steps 1 - 5 can take a couple of hours, but it's well worth
it and it can be done once a month to keep him looking great.
Donna
P.S.  I always use cool water (yes, even now when it's cold.  I just bundle
up, wear rubber boots and rubber gloves).