Re: [PyrNet-L] Shaving Pyrs

I would like to say that I agree that shaving a Pyr is breaking down a
defense system that was created to protect them.  I have also known people
who have shaved pyrs in temperate climates whose pyr had bald spots in their
coat that would never grow back fully after shaving.  Pyrs have this coat as
protection from both heat, sun, and cold.  They will overheat more quickly
without the protection of their coat in warm weather or even temperate
weather 70 degrees to 90 degrees.  Again, if you shave their coat, you are
really taking away the protection that was designed for them in any weather.