Re: [PyrNet-L] Shaving Pyrs

In a message dated 3/12/98 8:52:02 PM Pacific Standard Time,
devoir@intrepid.net writes:

<< I would think that by shaving your Pyr you are setting her up for several
 problems. First the double coat helps insulate the body from the summer
 heat. Secondly white pyrs will tend to sunburn with out fur to protect their
 sensitive skin. If your Pyr has correct coat simply brushing her for 10
 minutes a day to remove dead coat should keep her mat free and she'll love
 the special grooming time spent together. Just my 2 cents worth.
 Adrianne Hughes >>

You are right in everything you said, but I just want to mention first, I
leave at least and inch, so her skin is still not exposed to the sun, second
we live in a very temporate climate, while it can get pretty hot here
occaisionally, those days are more the exception than the norm. and third she
spends alot of time indoors these days.

Sandy

Sandra Ringener
birdbugg@aol.com