Re: [PyrNet-L] Shaving Pyrs

 > I live in central Texas where it is very hot and humid but my dogs
 > blow their coat and don't seem any hotter than my friends short
 > haired dogs. You have to use common sense when exercising these
 > dogs. You don't work them in the heat of the day. Early morning is
 > best. We use a lot of fans here.

 <<I also live in central Texas where it's hot and humid during summer.
 I also never clip my pyrs or newfs.  Bianca has the fluff coat
 (incorrect coat) and yes, it's a bear to take care of but I still
 won't clip her >>

I never knew until I joined the list that spayed/neutered dogs coats were that
fluffy soft stuff. The breeder's dogs don't have coats like my 4 Pyrs do, but
then again, they're not spayed/neutered either. I'm in Oklahoma and I have my
dogs are all altered at 6 months, so I just assumed (before the list) that all
Pyr coats took this much effort to keep looking nice. I couldn't bear to shave
them either. It certainly does take a bit of effort, but they look so nice
afterwards. I happen to like how the soft "fluff" coat feels better than the
stiffer coats. But maybe because that's what I'm used to.
Mitzi