Re: [PyrNet-L] Pyr puppy prices

<< Everyone knows that Dog
 showing as it stands today if a political entity, in many ways as bad if not
 worse than what we see in Washington, DC! >>

Hi Sandy,
Although this may be true in some cases...my experience is that it is not the
norm.  Yes again AT TIMES on very high level competition politics may come
into play - but usually the top handlers that win week after week tend to have
the best dogs!  Why would someone put the time, effort and money involved in
campaigning a dog if it was really of that inferior quality.
I am a relatively newcomer to dog showing - and what I have found is that nine
out of 10 times - and this is only my opionion - that the best dog in the ring
does win -   Regardless of whether it is owner handled or not.  I have watched
many different breed rings and pyrenees seems to be the one ring that is
mostly owner handled - and yes -  some of the top "dog" people are
breeder/owner/handlers in this breed :) but it took a lot of hard work and
effort to get where they are today!  Do you think they just took a dog out of
their kennel and went into the ring and expected to win? Hours and hours of
hard work took place BEFORE a dog goes into the ring - not to mention the
years of planning a breeding, whelping litters, watching little puppies die of
no apparent reason, grooming, conditioning, jogging, researching......etc.  So
please dont say that it is all JUST POLITICS.  Because, really it isnt.
Again, I have seen - and experienced - that anyone can win and usually does -
if you do the homework and take the time and effort necessary - but you do
need a quality animal too!
Karen Justin
Impyrial Pyrenees