Re: [PyrNet-L] Work, Show or Pet?

<< Maybe I should have worded it as a question - like, if you
 only bred for conformation would you breed the work out of them over
 the years? >>

In my experience they do not loose their genetic inheritance to guard when
they do not guard.  The guarding instinct is an "instinct" and is very basic
to the breed.  I really do not think we are in any danger to breed it out of
them by not using it.  As someone just said reciently, they guard anyway, even
if we thought we had not given them something specific to guard.  They just do
it.  That's what this breed is all about!!!!!!!!!!

Joe