Re: [PyrNet-L] Work, Show or Pet?

> << Maybe I should have worded it as a question - like, if you
>  only bred for conformation would you breed the work out of them over
>  the years? >>
>
> In my experience they do not loose their genetic inheritance to guard when
> they do not guard.  The guarding instinct is an "instinct" and is very basic
> to the breed.

A point that everyone is probably aware of but it needs to be repeated,some pyrs
are better guardians of livestock than others.  Some pyrs
will never be suited for guarding livestock and only do well guarding their
people.  There are others that would not do well in a backyard or
small acreage and need a job which includes many animals
and a large territory.
Kerry