Re: [PyrNet-L] Pyr puppy prices

<<  These dogs had never worked, and neither
 their ancestors for at least my period of breeding which is almost thirty
 years. As soon as they were in Canada they were "made up", and what is more
 Geraldine tells me that they see off the local predator with great vigor.
 Up to this time I would have been horrified to think of my dogs as guards
 but....
 "Breeding shows" does it not?
 Ian >>

This is a great point made by Ian.  I know at one time he imagined they would
no longer work because of the the way things are done in England.  He and I
had this discussion many months ago.  Ian breeds some of, if not the best dogs
in England.  He is a very studious advocate for the breed with many years of
experience.   I am glad to hear of  his dogs working in Canada have these
basic instincts still intact.  This is not some fluffy made up breed.  It is
very basic and very old.  It will take a lot for us to change its instincts,
but its type is another matter all together.

Joe