Re: [PyrNet-L]

JGentzel wrote:

> << Is hypothyrodism common in pyrs???  Have not seen this mentioned as a
> common
>  problem before.  My pyr was just tested today for hypothrodism. >>
>
> It is seen more than we would like and probably not diagnosed quite a bit.
> Don't know if that qualifies as "common", but wise to check for it if you
> suspect at all.

I do know that HOGPC was trying to get together a study on the subject a
few years ago but the funding wasn't there so it was dropped, the info I
gleaned from that would lead me to have it checked if it was a possible
problem. I would also try and contact Linda Weisser or Cathrine De La
Cruz on the GPCA health committee as they could probably shed more light
on the subject.

Lisa