Re: [PyrNet-L] Work, Show or Pet?

   Know many pyr rescue groups/people won't let their rescue pyrs go to large
working farms if the place isn't entirely fenced in so pyr can't escape. Most
working farms that are large cannot fence in their place with fencing a pyr
cannot escape from. So it presents a problem: Many large working farms that
want a pyr to use as a livestock guardian dog cannot get rescue pyrs. Yet this
is what the breed is designed to do. So....what is the real problem? Are many
of the pyrs not suited for LGDs even though that's what they were bred to do?
If they would run away from the livestock they are supposed to be guarding -
that seems to be true. Or are some pyr rescues not trusting the breed enough?
Or have rules & regulations taking precedence over what's best for the pyrs?
Let's have some input on this issue. I was told that pups are not the way to
go if you want a LGD, that adults are what you should be looking at. Yet have
heard from a number of farmers that said they were not allowed to get a rescue
pyr if it wouldn't be kept in a fence they couldn't escape from.  When you are
talking acres & acres of fencing,  that's not very feasable. What do you all
think about this issue? Note: I am not talking about people in city or country
with neighbours close by. I am talking about places where you cannot even see
another neighbour!!! Opinions??