Re: [PyrNet-L] Work, Show or Pet?

Joe,I haven't read any one saying that the breed does not guard
something, whether it is an animal or human.  The point I
was making is that not all pyrs are created equal in their guarding
ablilty, conformation or intelligence.

> <<Jeff Green and Roger Woodruff also found that some pyrs had a better
> working attitude and ability than others.>>
>
> There have been many unscientific observations by observers of the breed that
> purport to have some scientific relevance

Roger and Jeff's observations are the most thorough of any that our breed hashad
so far.  They were unbias as to the dogs since they hadn't bred them and
also they could get unbias data back from the placement owners.  They are
still helping livestock people with finding LGDs and giving advise.

> .  I can only offer you what happens with my dogs and I believe my
> dogs are fairly representative of the breed from an instinct basis.  I would
> have no hesitation placing my dogs in the same situations as those breeders
> who specialize in working stock and expect and know they would do just as well
> as theirs.

Yes, and you are willing to work with the people wanting LGDs.  That is so
veryimportant and what new pyr breeders need to remember, the breeder has to
be available to guide the new owner on how best to shape the LGD or it
will be a disaster.
Kerry