No Subject

As far as age, I always read that the most successful dog was one who was fed
on the milk of the Ewe. (hope I got that right?).  The point being that they
grew up with the sheep as if they were one of them.  I'll not argue that one
as it makes sense, but it can be done otherwise and is not a requirement.

<< I also understand
that usually a trained adult livestock guardian dog goes for a higher price
than a carefully bred puppy,>>

I really did not know this.  That does fill in some blanks in my mind on why
there are those who scoff at Pyrs that are not from speciality working
breeding lines.  I submit to you that a "carefully bred puppy" will work fine,
whether it comes from one of these alleged speciality breed working breeders
or one from  someone who breeds to the standard and thus have working dogs
according to the standard.   The cost to the farmer/rancher, from what you
say, might be much less.

Joe