Re: [PyrNet-L] -Great Pyrenees Club of the Southeast

The Great Pyrenees Club of the Southeast (GPCSE) held a meeting this past
Saturday.  The attendance was really nice.  Plans were made for a seminar on
grooming, put on by Kay Turner,  for the fall at one of the fall shows in the
Atlanta area.  Proceeds from the seminar will go to the rescue fund.  Part of
the seminar fee will be a raffle for some grooming supplies (we always need
these).  Other plans are underway as well for a three show weekend.  Gorgeous
"Indian Summers" in North Georgia.  We plan a "pot luck" meal for all to get
together and mingle.  Plan to join us and enjoy the fellowship and possibly
majors competition.  More on all of this  later.

The club has been very busy the past year.  It has raised quite a bit of money
for rescue and has been active in that area.

GPCSE is the oldest club in the Southeastern United States.  It has a very
friendly knowledgeable membership of approximately 25 to 30 people depending
on the year in question.  Membership is growing rapidly and interest is great
in the breed and club.  The club is very fortunate to have so many members
with many years experience in the breed, which includes breeding, showing,
livestock  considerations, behavior, and almost any area of interest of a Pyr
owner.  Newcomers to the breed are welcome.  We have a real mix of experience,
breeders, owners, etc.  The Club serves a large geographical area from Florida
to North Carolina  to Tennessee  to Mississippi.  Because of the Geography the
members have to work hard and plan strategically.  Meetings have to be moved
around the geography.  Similar to the Pyrenean Fanciers of the North East club
that has been so active over so many years and continues to do so.

For more information about the club you can email me privately at:
Jgentzel@aol.com