[PyrNet-L] Doorbells

I had German Shepherds that had to act as backup doorbells.  They would put up
such a racket when it rang.  However, Breezy has never barked at the doorbell.
I'm not sure why.  Have a couple of theories though:  (1) I encouraged the
neighborhood children to come in and play with her once she was acclimated to
her new surroundings as a puppy.  So she associates the doorbell with great
good fun and stuff.  (2)  In the 2 homes that she has known, there have been
windows by the door so that she can see who is at the door.

Once she barked when someone knocked on the door instead of ringing the bell,
but she never barked after that whenever anyone would knock.  Personally, I
love it.  Those shepherds would drive me nuts with their racket until I opened
the door.  I couldn't get there fast enough.  BTW, at the house with Sheps,
there was no window that they could see who was at the door.

Joan and Breezy (I don't get upset with the doorbell, Mom, I know it's for me)