Re: [PyrNet-L] Show dogs

Hi all

A couple of weekends ago my kids and I visited the local Sunflower Club Dog
Show in Wichita, which I believe is just a small, not-so-famous local show
here in Kansas (although I did see car tags from all across the country).
Since I'm not a member of the local dog club, I really am not well versed
on how shows run, and have only attended a few as a spectator (as we were
this time).

I did notice there were a small number of Pyrs (only about 3 I think) and
they didn't place well, which I think is because the breed is not well
known in this area.  But what confused me is that it looked as if these
Pyrs were quite a bit smaller (shorter) than my Rodman.  Does this mean
only very young dogs show?

I only got a chance to a quick chat with one Pyr owner (as other small
children milled around her asking to hug her dog).  She was from Missouri
(and not on the Internet).  I did not get a chance to ask her about the age
of her Pyr.  It was near show end, and everyone was packing to leave.

Tracy
pribb@feist.com        Bentley, Kansas
http://www.feist.com/~harmony