Re: [PyrNet-L] Re:French vs US & UK Pyrs

I think the height
> difference is in the legs (stupid statement), but I am constantly impressed by
> the long hocks on the French dogs.

How much of a difference is it? Can you describe it with measurements
maybe?

 I cannot imagine any muscle attachments and
> would not know outside an autopsy of ligamentous attachments.

This I have seen - not in an autopsy but in the repair of a severely
ripped one - there are muscles and tendon in there.

 but seems fairly consistent with their head type and may be a
> Boney portion of this head type.  While eyes are generally better there are
> many round eyed dogs in France.  Pigment is much better as they are fanatical
> about pigment.

I need an illustration on this one Joe - do you have one? I'm a very
visual person.

I wish more breeders here were as fanatical about pigment. I see allot
of poor pigment up this way, especially in the all whites, including one
of my own - she's a snow noser.
Could some of it be a difference in climate or feed?

Lisa