[PyrNet-L] "no apparent stop"

Magic Moment wrote:

> JGentzel wrote:
> >
> > In a message dated 98-04-25 10:43:58 EDT, you write:
> >
> > <<  But the skull is more
> >  narrow and more refined without a stop than the pyr. >>
> > The Pyr should have no apparent stop.
>
> I'm going to ask for your opinion on this one - what is your definition
> of the "no apparent" part of that. I'm not asking to start trouble, I've
> just heard so many and I'm interested in yours.
>
> Lisa

My definition of no apparent stop.  When you look at the dog, can you
see a stop?  However whewn you run you hande up the dog's skull you can
feel the gentle glid up ward of the skull.  There is no hesitation in
moving the hand upward, there is only a soflt glide.
The no apparent stop of the Pyr is very different than that of the
collie.  the collie has planes and it is those planes that creat the
face...the pyr, while share that there is no stop must have NO planes...
This similarity is about as "close" in nature to the apparent stop of a
golden retriever to the apparent stop of the saint benard..both dogs
have a stop but because the rest of the head is built differently they
are very distinct.
While some may think collie head, when no apparent stop is stated...no
apparent stop means no apparent stop....the collie had posesses
completely different features making it distinct in its own way.

--

Adrienne Wilder  www.stc.net/~draggon/index.htm (pet portraits)
Murrayville GA

"Oh, to be loved by a dog!"