Re: [PyrNet-L] DOGGIE DOOR

> Hi everyone,
>
>  where i might purchase a doggie door large enough for a pyr would be
> greatly
>  appreciated, tried local pet supply stores but nothing large enough
> for him
>  be able to fit through,

    I have been pondering the pros and con's of a pyr door, for awhile.
With my pyrs, Jonah & Lexi, I am not worried about uninvited stranger's
getting inside. They wouldn't dare! Jonah and Lexington, don't even let
our squirrel's get any peace on the ground, where our property is fenced
in. <G> When the pyrs are in for the night it can be shut, sometimes
even locked.    The disadvantage I see for us, is one of dirt and leaves
coming in without my usual, towel rubbed down.
    The greatest most convincing thing to me for having one, is that,
when we are gone, if there was a fire, the pyrs could escape. I will
probably get one for this reason alone!!! Not to bother mentioning, that
I grow tired of being their Lexington, Park Avenue doorman. <g>
    My pet door investigation's have come up with a couple of option's.
In June '98's, Dog Fancy Magazine, there is one called Hale Security Pet
Door.  The largest passage opening is: 15 1/2" x 27 1/2". Pyrenees
adequate, if, I can get Jonah to go through it. <g>. Like most new and
adventurous thing's, I am confident that Lexi, will walk him through it
safely. The door is advertised as having a storm insulation value,
unlike some other's. Since we all frolic in Maine, this has an distinct
advantage. The toll free number for their free brochure is; 1-
800-646-HSPD. It's from AZ. of all places! <g>.
    Another one that I am presently considering, is from The Doctors
Foster and Smith catalog. It's by Johnson Pet Doors. I like it because
they offer a patio panel, to attach to sliding glass door's. No new
holes in the walls! The largest there is: 11 7/16" x 16 7/8". Not large
enough, so, I called their toll free number and accessed them on the
web. They do make a larger size. Big enough for any Pyr.    Well, that's
all folks! Good luck! Let us know what you decide.
    Take good care,
    Judith, Jonah & Lexington
    Dog spelled backward spells God.