[PyrNet-L] CARE: Maggots

Help!  Titus was neutered 9 days ago.  Five days after we noticed a bad
smell and looked under his tail.  The scrotum was the size of an orange.
We took him to the vet the following a.m.  He gave a penecillin shot,
put an Eliz. collar on him and kenneled him outside.  Four days later,
today, we picked him up, he had been given another penicillin shot
yesterday.

He smelled so bad we gave him a bath, during which I found three hot
spots around and under his tail area and maggots crawling around,
especially in the parts that had matted on his rump.  Probably the
nastiest thing I have had to do, as yet.

I have Bacitracin and Bactoderm ointments, will this help the hot spots?
This is our first experience.  We put the collar back on him and he is
exhausted and asleep on the tile floor.

His scrotum is still mightily swollen.  The vet said he had licked or
pulled out all the stiches a few days post-op.  Wouldn't that have made
the scrotum drain?  What to do, what to do?  We feel so bad for him.

Oh, forgot to mention the ticks we pulled and burned off of him.  What a
mess.

I know the list will help, thank you in advance,  Dee Dee Stotler, Texas