[PyrNet-L] Re: Pyr-Names: Scully Vs Xena

> Michael,
>
> > < Dreaming of owning a lady Pyr one day (to be called Scully, of
> >   course - what else for a strong, female role!) >
>
> How about Xena...  ;-)
>
> Patric.

Unfortunately, there are two very good reasons:

(1) Every animal we've theme-named has lived up to the name -
the cat called Tsarina is indeed a serene lady; the cat called Yin-Yang
is very moody [and is either a cuddly sook (Yin) or a furry
combine-harvester (Yang), depending on how he feels]; the Australian
Silky Terrier, called Muffin, is a cuddly little scamp and usually sweet
as she can be.
I'd therefore MUCH rather name my first huge pyrenean female after an
intelligent, demure, understanding yet protective role model than an
even *faintly* warrior-like one!

(2) The next door neighbours have a < German Shepherd / Ridgeback
/ several other Big-&-Somewhat-More-Aggressive-Dogs >-mix in their
possession - and she's *already* called Xena! The confusion when we are
calling for ours or they are telling theirs off would be too much :)

Michael Bishop
Agarthan@one.net.au