Re: [PyrNet-L] dominance/aggression

>The other interesting thing is that we've not had problems with other male
>pyrs, neutered or not. There's immediate breed recognition, somehow, and
>he wants to play.

>We have done all kinds of speculation as to what sets off the dominance
>behavior. It seldom happens with long-haired dogs; dislike is more
>prevalent towards some breeds (German shepherds and ridgebacks, for
>example);

I found this last a very interesting observation. I too have found that any
thing german shepherd like that crosses our path on walks is cause for
concern. Benson our big fellow who is normally very "laid back" reacts very
aggressivley and wants instant breakfast. He is particularly keen on
Mamalute types. It starts with a low growl and he seems to puff up to an
even bigger size. We learn't with the first encounter to watch out for this.

Falcor on the other hand is a handful with any thing that passes and has to
be held and sat very firmly in case. But he has improved a thousand fold
since he has been with us.

Mym is partial to any thing in trousers. Dog ones that is.

Liz.