Re: [PyrNet-L] dominance/aggression

Janice Swenson wrote:

> I'm 2 for 2 because I don't have problems with any other breeds with
> my 2 pyrs.  My old girl will go up to any other breed dog and just
> want to be friends.  When I got my pyr boy as a rehome at 2 yrs of
> age I had him in obedience and worked with my trainer that I use
> because this is not a behavior I want or will tolerate out of them.
> He'd also been returned from an abusive home.  We were very careful
> how we worked him and the being very careful paid off because I
> haven't had an occasion when being out and about that he thinks it's
> an option to go after another breed dog, male or female.  Though he
> has clearly shown me as my old girl has that if the need arises they
> will both protect me.
>
> Janice, janices@texas.net

I am not being a smart butt, but are obseving your dog's friendly
behavior off your own property or on it???  I don't know of any pyr that
will "greet" a strange dog on its (read pyr's) property..The breed has
been bred to be territorial and dominant on its homw terf.
If the dog is not showing aggression (read dominant or territorial) when
off the property then great...because it should not... (except in some
cases)

--

Adrienne Wilder  www.stc.net/~draggon/index.htm (pet portraits)
Murrayville GA