Re: [PyrNet-L] dominance/aggression

On 10 May 98 at 7:46, Adrienne Wilder wrote:
> I am not being a smart butt, but are obseving your dog's friendly
> behavior off your own property or on it???  I don't know of any pyr
> that will "greet" a strange dog on its (read pyr's) property..The
> breed has been bred to be territorial and dominant on its homw terf.
> If the dog is not showing aggression (read dominant or territorial)
> when off the property then great...because it should not... (except
> in some cases)

Both on and off property.  No, offense, but these dogs are only
supposed to do what is appropriate for the situation.  They are
supposed to process the situation out and only use aggression as a
last resort.  That does mean not going after other dogs on their
property when the situation doesn't warrant it.

Janice, janices@texas.net
Admiral & Linsey (newfs), Bianca & Sonny (pyrs)
http://lonestar.texas.net/~janices/
Leander, TX
Visit Old West Newfoundland Club's website at
http://lonestar.texas.net/~janices/ownc/