[PyrNet-L] Lymphosarcoma

What was supposed to be a routine trip to the vet to recheck an anal sack
infection turned very serious when I asked if Clondike coulld possibly
have swollen glands.  She has enlarged lymph nodes which the vet said are
sort of "hanging down" under her neck.  The right mandibular node is
particularly enlarged and we plan to have it removed for biopsy next week.
The vet is very concerned about the possibility of Lymphosarcoma.  The
most positive thing is that the nodes don't feel like anything the vet
has ever encountered before.

Has anyone experienced this disease in a Pyr or other large dog?  I would
especially like input from anyone who has tried chemotherapy for this
condition, as the vet said it can be quite effective if the condition is
caught early.

Good thoughts and prayers would also be appreciated.

David

 David Kintsfather              | PHONE:       (610) 683-4497
 Dept. of Telecommunications    | FAX:         (610) 683-4659
 Kutztown University            | INTERNET:    kintsfat@kutztown.edu
 PO Box 730                     |   "We need not think alike to love alike."
 Kutztown, PA  19530-0730       |                Francis David