Re: [PyrNet-L] Pyr Epilepsy

<< Does anyone out there know if Pyr's have a genetic pre-disposition?  Is
 this common in Pyrs?  We are very concerned, obviously, and the more info
 we have the better we will feel in working with the vet to get Beau back
home.

They do not have a pre-disposition.  Seizures are rare in Pyrs but observed
occassionally.  IMHO we must never breed any dog with any history of seizures
to keep it this way.  This sounds like some organic dysfunction or even some
CNS turor, etc.  Hopefully your vet will diagnose the problem.  Does your
breeder know anything about any prior history in the line?

Joe