Re: [PyrNet-L] Question???

A breeder friend of ours had a dog returned to her 2-3 years ago because
he had "turned mean." He is the sweetest, most gentle creature imaginable,
doing obedience in competition and a therapy dog. What had happened was
that he got into a home where his person did not establish that she was
alpha, and the dog snarled at her a couple of times when she tried to take
something away from him. With a new owner who was able to deal with the
dominance behavior he's reverted to what was clearly his "natural"
temperament--trustworthy, gentle, loving. I'm sure there are pyrs who, for
whatever reason, are not as reliable as this, but in my experience, most
are.
Ann Wetherilt