[PyrNet-L] Question???

Hi,

I've been visiting our local PETsMART getting ready for our Shiba pup
and met my first Irish Wolfhound (2 of them along with a Great Dane :-)
The owner of these dogs was talking to some other customers and one of
them mentioned a Pyr.  Now this gentlemen told of a friend of his who
used to breed Pyrs but doesn't anymore because of how he (the friend)
had found that male Pyrs when around age 3-4 years would/could turned
mean.  The owner of the Wolfhounds and Dane said he wouldn't ever own a
Pyr.

Now after talking with my dad, who has known Pyrs in the past, and all
my reading and help from you Pyr owners this sounds off.  I'm
thinking/assuming that like any dog there may have been just poor
judgement used in the breeding of these other Pyrs???  That this is not
the general disposition of the Pyr.  I'm trying to remember the latest
discussion on aggression/dominance but that just seemed like normal
passive/assertive protection - not meaness.  I hope I explained myself
okay :-)

Is there something like Springer Rage in the Pyrs???  And wasn't this
maybe mentioned months ago - wish my brain would remember.

But I will tell you I really wanted to dispute this gentleman
but....well.....with 3 HUGE dogs...and me with no first hand
experience...well.....I chickened out.

Thanks for letting me ramble away and probably answering my own question
:-)

Chris Speakman
speakpc@interlynx.net