Re: [PyrNet-L] Litter Runts

Do any of you readers own "runts"??

I kept the runt male out of my last litter. Lofton is smaller than his
brothers but he's a nice guy, he has 5 points in the show ring and I
don't show him often.

 are there any
> health problems? Is she maybe just a little under-nourished since she
> has so many siblings??

Linda coud probably answer this better than I but, my runt in this
litter is one of the better puppies, just small compared to the rest. He
has now gotton larger than the second smallest. I haven't noticed any
health problems with my runts, I also bottle supplement them for the
first 2 weeks to help them catch up.

I also have a friend who's runts usually turn out to be the biggest by
the time they are full grown.

Lisa