Re: [PyrNet-L] a question

Daniel J Olson wrote:
  Sheika's nose is all dry and
> scalely I asked my vet about it he wasn't very helpful(am changing
> vets) what can I put on her nose it looks awful and she doesn't like
> anyone to touch it so it must be sensitive.
This seems to be a problem for some Pyrs - particularly those that dig
with their noses...I've heard Udder Balm is the thing to use (the stuff
used on cows)

 They all greeted each other
> and were fine then my 2 youngest kids came over 2yrs and 7 yrs and one
> of the pups came up to her and she growled and snapped at her is this
> because the kids came over?
I've found that most Pyrs are particularly protective of "their"
children.  Also, many Pyrs go through a "super protective" period when
they have recently been adopted into a good home (sort of seems like
they are trying to prove they are worth keeping!) Now that you know this
may happen, you will be able to watch out for her and show her that the
behavior is not acceptable.  Right now she is trying to figure out her
place in your family.  Good luck, let us know how she is doing.

Charlotte
Virginia