Re: [PyrNet-L] a question

On Tue, 9 Jun 1998 15:08:34 -0500, Daniel J Olson wrote:

>>I have had my pyr Sheika for almost 2 months now and I think this has been covered before but can't remember.nose is all dry and scalely I asked my vet about it he wasn't very helpful(am changing vets) what can I put on her nose it looks awful and she doesn't like anyone to touch it so it must be sensitive. <<

I just noticed that on my oldest Pyr. It's not noticeable but * can see it. I think in my dogs case it's from the sun. He loves to sit outside and I think he gets sunburned. What I was going to do is get some sort of suntan lotion with that zinc oxide stuff in it so the sun can't reach his nose. I'm pretty sure it'll work. Lanolin has worked great to heal it up, but lanolin doesn't help as a sun block.

Mitzi Potter OKC OK
Pyrs-R-Us@popline.com
http://www.popline.com/quinnz/mit.html