Re: [PyrNet-L] Biting Pyr

Be VERY firm. Grab him *quick and strong by the muzzle and tell him
"NO!" Then let him go. Do it all fast. Next time he does it (they
will a 2nd or 3rd time) do the same thing. Be quick and make it
unpleasant and *mean business*. NO softness allowed when it comes to
this behavior. If it hurts him just a little, that's ok. His mother
would've made it hurt, too.

On Wed, 10 Jun 1998 08:51:50 -0400, Autumn B. Ferguson wrote:

>This is sort of along the same line, or could be............
>I am a new Pyr owner and am completely in love with Samson, and the
>breed.  The problem is that every night around 8:30 he begins to throw a
>weird temper tantrum.  I give him as much attention as possible, take
>him outside on a long walk to try and calm him (or tire him out), but
>allhe wants to do is nip at me (he's 4 months old).  He is not neutered
>yet
>as this cannot be done until December.  He "challeneges" my boyfriend,
>and I guess Samson thinks it is funny.  He growls and barks playfully,
>but the nips are beginning to hurt.  His teeth are getting bigger, and
>he is really making some scratches.  I have tried to discipline him the
>best way I know how.  He is very laid back, and 99 percent of the time
>listens to every word I say, except when he is in this weird moode.  My
>problem is that my boyfriend's 7 year old son is coming into town in 2
>days, and I don't want Samson to nip at him.  It really hurts, but he
>keeps at it.  Anyone have any suggestions.  I love him dearly, and I do
>not want any accidents occuring.
Mitzi Potter    OKC OK
Pyrs-R-Us@popline.com
http://www.popline.com/quinnz/mit.html