RE: [PyrNet-L] Rescued Dog Energy Level

Since Scott is off to camp with the entire 5th grade, I'll reply.
Yes, I took him to the vet the day after I adopted him and contacted
local breeders who are very knowledgeable and have been extremely
helpful (thank you Linda Weisser and Gloria Stuebenrauch).  He has an
appointment next week to be neutered.  While he is under the tooth is
going to be removed and
I've asked the vet to X-ray his hips just to see how he looks.  He is
doing
okay, I wasn't as worried as Scott.  Basically, Scott is used to labs
and
goldens, dogs with boundless energy.

Yukon seems to be doing fine, he doesn't take long walks, but we believe
he was kennelled before we got him and he may not be used to exercise.
Also, we don't know his age for sure.  The shelter guessed 6 years, the
vet thinks he might be younger -- but she isn't sure.  He has adjusted
pretty
well all things considered.  Scott claims he is "my" dog, but he loves
everyone
and will paw anyone if they stop petting him.  He loves the attention.
However, he does keep an eye on me mostly.  He is very sensitive, a
stern voice saying,
"no" causes him to leave the room and go pout.  We love him dearly and I
think everything is okay.  I will keep you posted, thank you for all of
the help
and advice!

Stephanie Bloomfield and Scott Presnell