Re: [PyrNet-L] Biting Pyr

You are really talking about 2 different things here, yours sounds like
puppy hood (not biting). I thought Trudeau was never going to stop that
nipping thing but he did! While he was still doing it we used to gently hold
his mouth shut for a short time (don't block off his nose!) and say "no
bite"  and stopped playing with him and had him calm down before beginning
to play again. I never played rough with him but my husband did (against my
wishes) and he got alot more nips than I did. We started teaching him to sit
fairly early on by holding a treat over his head and often got him to sit
when he got overexcited and started nipping (just a few days ago I was
telling someone on list that is what we still do now that he is 2 yrs old
and has a silly fit - make him sit that is - not hold his mouth closed).
Went to puppy obedience (can't remember if it was 4 or 6 months). We don't
have kids so don't know how it will work but I wouldn't want a child holding
my puppy's mouth closed or hitting etc when they get nipped, seems to me
best bet would be to be sure they are supervised when they play and keep it
to a minimum (easy to say when you don't have kids I know).
 ---------
  He growls and barks playfully,
but the nips are beginning to hurt.