Re: [PyrNet-L] Girl that was bit

On Wed, 10 Jun 1998 11:21:35 -0400, Joan Ziehl wrote:

>I don't think that setting up a fund and handing out money is a good
>idea.  We can't be responsible for every BYB/poor temperment pyrenees
>that is being produced, and to expect a few to apologize for others who
>won't take responsibility for their own actions is pointless.  It is
>they who continue to breed inappropriate dogs to each other, and sell
>these dogs to anyone who comes along.

I didn't think it had anything to do with "taking responsibility" for
BYB Pyrs. I saw it more as compassion towards a mother who's child
was attacked by a dog. We're involved if *only because we know about
it. It would mean so very much to me to recieve kind words if it were
my son that got bitten. If our hearts are in it, that's what the
mother is going to see and remember.
Mitzi Potter    OKC OK
Pyrs-R-Us@popline.com
http://www.popline.com/quinnz/mit.html