[PyrNet-L] The Biting Pyr

I have followed this thread with interest, and the only
thing I can say it that it is a tragedy all of the way around.
A little girl will be scarred for life, not only physically,
but mentally. A dog who may have been giving all kinds of signals
that went unread by the owners, will probably be put down. And
another little 8 year old girl will loose her companion.

This is truly a lose lose lose situation.  I have no answers,
just a lot of unaswered questions about this tragic accident.
My condolences to all concerned.

Adrienne Wilder wrote:

> In the end...we'll still never know. What I can't get over, is that the
> pyr did not bark....what pyr doesn't bark at a strange noise....

This happened once to me - the non-barking thing although I
believe in the post about the biting Pyr, that the dog did
indeed bark.

My car was in the shop and a friend picked me up for work, and
dropped me back home after. I found after her car left, I had
no keys to the house with me. I tried all the available doors,
tried to jimmy open windows and could not get in. I was not
happy.

My only solution was to take off my dress and climb over the
chain link fence (our house was pretty isolated). The kennel
door was always unlocked so I knew I could get in that way.
I slammed open the kennel door and was greeted by my three house
bitches in mid-air flying at me. Then trying to put the brakes
on. We all wound up on the floor. But I realized then that
they never made a sound the whole time I was trying to "break
into" their house. They could see hands pushing at the windows,
rattling the screens, but they never saw me, or got a whiff of
me. And they must have known that was not my car in the driveway.

And the kennel dogs also were silent. And I never understood why.

--
  Carol
 Carol Brescher Boyle                Improving the health of our dogs,

 Need a wholesome dog-friendly recipe? See the "Recipe of the month"
        at the our web-site http://www.naturaldogfood.com