Re: [PyrNet-L] Girl that was bit

<<
 I don't think that setting up a fund and handing out money is a good
 idea.  We can't be responsible for every BYB/poor temperment pyrenees
 that is being produced, and to expect a few to apologize for others who
 won't take responsibility for their own actions is pointless.  It is
 they who continue to breed inappropriate dogs to each other, and sell
 these dogs to anyone who comes along.

 Education is needed, although I fear that the barn door is already open.

 Joan >>

On this one I have to agree with Joan.
Right now I don't think the parents or the little girl really care if this is
typical of the breed or not and probably don't want to hear how the breed
"should" be. They are probably angry and scared for their child.
If individuals want to send well wishes on their own behalf that is fine, but
I don't think anything suggesting a pyr group effort should be done.
If everyone wants to start a fund, maybe it should be for vet bills for those
who need help or for furthering the education of this breed.
Just my 2 cents.
Tami,
And the Pyr Gang & Boz too!!